Thursday, May 21, 2009

PinkSlipMixers Super Tuesday Job Networking Events

Even though I have less than $200 in my bank account and the EDD cut off my unemployment benefits for the dumbest reason (stupid State of California), I want make the best networking events for all of us before I go insane.

Here is the deal… I’m going to host the start of the best free pink slip party events you have ever seen from a broke-ass dude living with his parents. I need you to come to support your community and just maybe someone in our community will help you find a job. I can’t help you unless you come.

This is what I… NO… WE are going to do.

Super Tuesday May 26th:

DAYTIME: We will have iT Jean’s GIFT Movement Hope RV come to our daytime networking event in Hermosa Beach at 1 PM. Not only are we going to figure out how to make social media work for us, iT Jeans will pass out little goodies for our networking group. It will not be the boutique jeans that made our booties look good, but something bootielicious tastey. They are also bringing a fashion consultant to give us tips on how to dress in a professional manner. Bring your lap top because I’m going to force you to learn how to twitter. Follow me and the GIFT Movement at twitter.com/pinkslipped and twitter.com/pinkGIFT. Register to the event so we know how many goodies to bring. If you dont register, you dont get what we are going to give. The job search event will be at Pacuigo Gelato in Hermosa Beach. RSVP by going to http://ping.fm/zHE0n

NIGHTTIME:
I’ve arranged a program you wont believe. I’ve dug into my bag of tricks from my days of pumping iron and know just what you need to tune up. If you’ve done circuit training, then you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s OUR Career Circuit Training. You will have 2 minutes to sharpen your skill at 3 to 5 different stations.

Station One: Being in transition – improve your job search

Station Two: Improve Your Resume

Station Three: Improve Your Pitch

Station Four: Improve Your Follow Up After Your Interview

Yes, you only have 2 minutes with our career counselors. You better make the most of it because its a tough world and YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO MESS IT UP.

I’ll have a list of the speakers on the site, so if god isnt my witness you better RSVP or else. The nighttime event will be at Hotel Palomar in Westwood and starts at 6PM. BE EARLY because I cant stand Flakey LA! RSVP by visiting http://ping.fm/JbCwG

I
know a few of you think the economy is getting better… maybe. This is not the time to sit around and wait for a job to come to you. Let’s help one another find jobs for each other. Come to our events, network with people and do your best to tell our members about jobs they might have a chance to get. Remember if we band together, we get through this. DO NOT THINK ABOUT YOURSELF AND PAY IT FORWARD.

Tell your friends about our site. We are going to do these events all over the country but I need you to tell your friends. I dont have a marketing budget but I’m hoping you will help spread the word.

If you are not in Southern California, please register and keep forwarding the PinkSlipMixers.com site. I’ll do my best to find a way to get to your city.

Call me if you have any questions at 310-406-7992.

Edwin Duterte

RSVP at http://ping.fm/cq3eI

ps… TELL YOUR FRIENDS darnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment